providing a credit card
[K&H Mastercard credit card]
Embossed credit card to cover everyday and unexpected expenditures
- cash back from your purchases
- suitable for contactless and online purchases
- APR: 26.2%
K&H customers can pay with their smartphones in a contactless way
The K&H mobile wallet offers the very latest payment method. It is convenient and safe:
- Your phone is always at hand; you can leave your credit card at home.
- What you need: an NFC-enabled handset with Android 5 operating system or higher, debit or credit card service provided by K&H [K&H Maestro or Mastercard debit or credit card].
- It is built into the mobile application service [K&H mobilbank], i.e. you don't need to download a separate app.
- The K&H mobile wallet can be used on mobile devices running the Android operating system. On mobile devices with an appropriate iOS operating system, you can use the Apple Pay mobile application service with your Maestro or Mastercard retail and business debit or credit card issued by K&H Bank.
who is it recommended for?
- those who like to have a safety buffer for unexpected situations
- those who like to manage their day-to-day finances rapidly and conveniently, without using cash
- those who prefer a host of supplementary services with a single card
minimum application requirements
- resident private individuals of age 18 or over who have a permanent address in Hungary
- those who have an account history of at least 3 months
- those who have at least HUF 150,000 incoming transfer
- APR: 26.2%
- credit line available subject to application (depending on the customer’s income): HUF 180 thousand – 1 million
- maximum annual cash back value: HUF 48 thousand
The value of the credit (credit line) set out in Government Decree No. 83/2010. (III.25.) is HUF 375,000; term: 1 year. The facility is drawn down in full on the first day of the term, and decreases by the minimum repayment instalments during the term, and the remaining debt will be repaid in a lump sum on the last day of the term.
Rate and type of credit interest: 21.00% per annum, fixed. Annual credit card service fee: HUF 6,389. The repayment instalment varies monthly depending on the value of the credit line used, but equals at least 5% of the credit line used. Based on the above: APR: 26.2%, fee included in the total credit cost: HUF 6,389, and the total sum to be repaid: HUF 443,591.
The detailed interest rates and conditions may be viewed in our Announcement titled “Credit Card Announcement for Natural Persons” and in the document titled “Cash Back in respect of Purchases linked to K&H’s Cash Back Credit Card Services.
- cash back: if you spend at total of at least HUF 20,000 on purchases in one settlement cycle, we will give you a 2% credit for purchases related to fuel and traveling and expenditures, as well as 1% for food, entertainment and clothing purchases. The total monthly credit can be no more than HUF 4,000 (the cash back is per credit card account).
- contactless payment made easy: you can use your K&H Mastercard contactless credit card for contactless payment at most acceptance points, for purchases below HUF 15 thousand it is not even necessary to enter the PIN code in Hungary.
- simple application: it is not necessary to have a retail account with K&H.
- interest-free period: if you use your credit card for purchases, the credit line used will only need to be paid later, within 15 days after the statement date, during the so-called grace period. If you settle your entire debt (including any credit card interest and fees) by the payment deadline, you will not have to pay interest on purchase-type transactions. It is important that in case of cash withdrawal, the credit card account is charged with credit interest from the day of spending.
- a joint card can also be requested, allowing your family members to enjoy the convenience that comes with it.
- flexible repayment, minimum repayment amount: 5% of the total debt established on the settlement date.
- optional rollover date selectable when applying for a credit card: it can be the 5th, 15th or 25th day of each month. The settlement period is one month (between two statements).
adjusted to your needs
- optional travel insurance: convenient, wide-ranging and high insurance covers
- you can also withdraw cash with your credit card, both in Hungary and abroad, from cash dispenser machines (ATMs) bearing the Mastercard logo and in suitable bank branches; if necessary, by entering the PIN code. However, withdrawing cash is not interest-free!
- if your credit card gets lost or stolen, please, promptly call +36 80 414 243 (toll-free from abroad as well) to stop your card free of charge
- keep your credit card and the corresponding PIN code separate, and try to prevent your PIN code from becoming known to others!
- you can limit the amount available with your credit card by setting individual cash withdrawal and purchase limits via the telephone banking services [K&H TeleCenter], if you have an ePIN code; or in the Internet banking service [K&H e-bank]
- Internet security code service (3D Secure Code): can be applied for free of charge via K&H e-bank or K&H TeleCenter
- text message SMS services [K&H mobilinfo] available upon request: you can monitor items going through your credit card, as you will notified about your electronic transactions by text message round-the-clock
- electronic statement
optional assistance services: Europe Assistance has created personalised assistance services that offer support and assistance in any life situation when needed. These services can now be used with any K&H credit card to provide a solution to any unexpected situation in the field of health, home, driving or travel.
Electronic statements are downloadable documents in PDF format that contain the transactions that take place on our credit card account, in the same way as a conventional paper-based version.
For our customers who use a retail account management service [a K&H retail bank account] and a K&H e-bank contract, the monthly electronic account statement for the credit card is automatically set up, and can thus be found and downloaded from the client’s own K&H e-banking account. The type of statement (i.e. whether the Bank should make it available on paper or electronically) can be changed at any time via K&H e-bank.
Credit card holders who do not have access to K&H e-bank will receive a printed account statement every month.
If you have a K&H retail bank account but do not yet have access to K&H e-bank, please apply free of charge at any K&H bank branch of your choice.
Electronic account statements have a number of advantages over conventional account statements sent by regular mail.
- secure: they are only accessible with your own, unique ID
- convenient and simple: viewable and downloadable from anywhere, anytime, 24 hours a day - no need to wait for mail delivery
- environmentally friendly: no unnecessary paper usage
- if a printed statement is still required, one copy of each statement can be printed free of charge from the e-bank platform, in any K&H branch.
how can I receive my card?
Your credit card will be sent by post to the notification address (in Hungary) reported to the Bank.
how can you repay the credit line used?
- by standing order or one-off credit transfer from a K&H retail bank account
- by standing order or one-off credit transfer from an account held with another bank
- by direct debit set up for repayment purposes
how long is the credit card valid?
The credit card can be used until the last day of the month of expiry shown on the face of the card. To make sure you won’t need to go without the convenience of your credit card even for a short time, we will automatically renew your card and, if you have not previously provided otherwise, we will mail it to your notification address in Hungary.
how long will it take to physically produce the card?
After submitting your application for the credit card, the Bank will ensure that it is produced within 15 banking days, subject to the Bank’s assessment and approval.
how much can you spend with the card daily?
For your security, you can set individual daily card usage limits for purchases and cash withdrawals on your credit card. The Bank limits the daily value of cash withdrawals (ATM and POS). If you do not set the maximum daily amount for purchases and cash withdrawals, the default bank limit will apply, as per the Bank’s Announcement. -The limit change might be changed via K&H e-bank, K&H TeleCenter or in K&H bank branches.
what are the costs involved?
- credit card fees (e.g. the annual card fee)
- cash withdrawal/cash deposit fees
- fees for other services linked to the credit card (e.g. card replacement fee)
A detailed description of the fees is included in the current version of the document titled ‘K&H Credit Card Announcement for Natural Persons’.
what can the K&H retail credit card be used for?
For purchases with credit cards both Hungary and abroad. You can get the most out of your credit card when making purchases and using services (in restaurants, hotels etc.). When you make purchases with your credit card, you are spending the Bank’s money, while your savings and funds are still earning interest in the same way as before. You can also use it for cash withdrawals if necessary, but in this case, there is no interest exemption.
what to do if your card gets stolen?
If your bank card gets lost or stolen, please promptly call (+36 80) 414 243 (toll-free from abroad as well) to stop your card free of charge.
You can stop your lost card and ask for a new one in K&H ebank or mobilebank in order to use it as soon as possible.
If you are not sure whether your card has been lost, you can also suspend your card for security reasons in K&H ebank or mobilebank for 90 days as a temporary solution.
what to do if several of you want to use the credit line available?
With your existing credit card, it is possible to apply for a partner card of the same type, allowing your family members and relatives to make purchases using your credit line, with the same discounts that we provide for the main card holder. The maximum refund available is per credit card account.
K&H corporate mobilinfo
You can receive instantaneous text messages about any money movements going through your business’s account all through the day.
K&H retail e-bank
With our Internet-based banking service, you can conveniently take care of your transactions related to your bank accounts, bank cards and savings even from the comfort of your home or workplace.