K&H Mastercard contactless credit card
shop with a single touch, making payments with your embossed credit card even more comfortable and faster
- receive a cash refund for your purchases
- suitable for contactless bank card payments
- use it both within Hungary and abroad
minimum criteria for application
- private individuals over 18 years of age who are Hungarian residents and have a permanent residence in Hungary
- have at least 3 months of account history
- have an income of net HUF 80 thousand or more per month
- APR: 38.4%
- available credit line (depending on your income): HUF 150 thousand - HUF 1 million
- Maximum annual cash refund: HUF 36 thousand
According to the provisions of Government Decree No. 83/2010. (III.25.) the credit line amount (amount of the credit facility) is HUF 375 thousand, with a 1-year term; the credit line is fully drawn on the first day of the term and is reduced during the term by the minimum repayment instalments; the remaining repayment instalment is repaid in a lump sum on the last day of the term. The credit line’s interest rate and type: 31,8% p.a., variable. Annual card fee: HUF 5,000. The repayment instalment varies as a function of the utilised amount and it is minimum 5% of the utilised credit line each month.
Based on the above, the APR is 38.4%, the fee included in the APR is HUF 5,000 and the total repayable amount is HUF 479,505.
You may view the detailed interest rates and terms and conditions in the Announcement on credit cards for natural persons.
- cash refund: if in the given settlement cycle you spend a total of at least HUF 20,000 on purchases, we will credit 2% of the total amount spent, but maximum HUF 3,000 per month to your credit card account (this refers to any purchases, without any restrictions on category or merchant, both within Hungary and abroad, and per credit card)
- contactless payment made easy: You can use your K&H Mastercard contactless credit card for purchases at an increasing number of merchants (e.g. in most TESCO supermarkets, McDonalds, CBA and Rossmann stores, IKEA stores and Cinema City movie theatres). When you purchase below HUF 5,000 in Hungary, you do not need to provide your PIN code.
- application: simple, not necessary to have a retail bank account with K&H Bank
- interest-free period: if you use your credit card for purchases, you will have to repay the utilised credit line amount only later, within 15 days of the account statement date, during the so-called grace period. If you settle your entire debt (including interest or fees for the credit card, if any) until the payment due date, you do not have to pay any interest on your purchase-type transactions. Please note that for cash withdrawals, credit interest will be charged to your credit card account calculated from the day of the cash withdrawal.
- you may also apply for a supplementary card so your family members can also enjoy the benefits
- flexible repayment, the minimum repayment is 5% of the total debt outstanding on the settlement day
- you may select the closing date: when applying for the credit card, you may select from the following closing dates: the 5th, the 15th, or the 25th day of the month; the settlement period is one month (lasting from one account statement date until the next)
who is it recommended for?
- those who wish to have a safety buffer for unexpected situations
- those who wish to take care of their daily banking in a simple and fast manner, without using cash
- those who make many small-amount purchases
adjusted to your needs
- you can choose to have an optional repayment insurance for your credit card which - for a monthly fee - provides payment protection, should the insured party die, suffer permanent health impairment (disability), become unable to work or become unemployed, and subject to the fulfilment of specific conditions the Insurance Company will repay your credit card debt in part or in full
- optional travel insurance: with convenient, broad and high insurance covers
- usable at ATMs featuring the Mastercard logo and in designated bank branches, you can withdraw cash, if needed, both in Hungary and abroad by providing your PIN code
- should your credit card be lost or stolen, please immediately call the K&H TeleCenter at +36 1/20/30/70 335 3355 and stop your card!
- keep your credit card and its PIN code separately and try to prevent that other persons obtain your PIN code!
- you can limit the amount accessible with your credit card by setting individual cash withdrawal and purchase limits 24 hours a day via the K&H TeleCenter if you have an ePIN code or in the K&H e-bank
payment protection insurance
what can I use the K&H retail credit card for?
For shopping both in Hungary and abroad. You can benefit from the advantages of your credit card when you buy products or services (in restaurants, hotels, etc.). When you shop with your credit card, you actually spend the Bank’s money while your savings and liquid assets continue earning interest. If necessary, you can also use it for cash withdrawal.
how long does it take for the card to be issued?
Once we have evaluated and approved your credit card application, your credit card will be ready within 15 banking days.
how can I receive my card?
Unless you have instructed us otherwise, we will send your credit card in regular mail to your recorded mailing address in Hungary.
how long is my credit card valid?
You can use your credit card until the last day of the expiration month shown on the front of your card. We will automatically renew your credit card and - unless you have instructed us otherwise - we will mail it to your mailing address in Hungary so you do not have to give up the comfort of using your credit card even for a short time.
how much is my daily spending limit?
For your own safety, you can set individual daily card usage limits on your credit card for purchases and cash withdrawals. The Bank sets a maximum limit for your daily cash withdrawals (via ATM and POS). If you do not set a maximum daily limit for purchases and cash withdrawals, the Bank’s default limits are applicable, that are contained in the Bank’s Announcement. You can modify these limits in the K&H e-bank, via the K&H TeleCenter or in K&H Bank branches.
how can I repay the amount that I used under the credit line?
with a standing or one-off transfer from your K&H retail bank account
with a standing or one-off transfer from a bank account kept with another bank
minimum repayments can be made with an automatic repayment order
what charges can I expect?
fees related to your credit card account (for new credit cards requested after 1 April 2012, the closing fee is HUF 0)
credit card related fees (e.g., annual credit card fee )
cash withdrawal/cash deposit fees
fees for other services related to your credit card (e.g., replacement, stopping fee)
The detailed description of the fees is contained in the currently effective Announcement on K&H credit cards for natural persons.
what should I do if my card has been lost or stolen?
Take actions to stop the card immediately by calling the K&H TeleCenter at +36 1/20/30/70 335 3355 to prevent unauthorised card usage! We charge a fee for stopping your credit card; this fee - which already includes the card replacement fee - is contained in the currently effective Announcement.
K&H corporate mobilinfo
You can receive instantaneous text messages about any money movements going through your business’s account all through the day.
K&H retail e-bank
With our Internet-based banking service, you can conveniently take care of your transactions related to your bank accounts, bank cards and savings even from the comfort of your home or workplace.