Although its core activity does not classify K&H among the most polluting type of businesses, we lay special emphasis on the protection of the environment as far as both our own and our partners’ operations are concerned. K&H Group not only talks about sustainable development: for years, we have employed our best efforts to preventing or counteracting any unwelcome environmental changes.
- We run selective waste collection in K&H’s central offices and our objective is to roll out this system throughout our nationwide branch network.
- We collect expired bank cards and dispose of them in an environment-friendly manner in the Rákospalota Incineration Plant.
- We try to minimize our transport footprint as well. Through better logistical planning and using cutting-edge technology we reduce our transport-related impact on the environment to the bare minimum.
The new K&H central office building, opened in 2011, was designed and constructed not just with economy but also with the environment and sustainability in mind. Its mechanical and electrical engineering design and equipment, acoustic and ergonomic solutions and green terraces all serve environmental friendliness. With the shading technology used the glass surfaces do not block but rather let through 60 per cent of the incident light, resulting in lower electricity consumption. Thanks to its reliance on renewable energy sources, the new headquarters building uses 30-40 per cent less energy than our former buildings. The new office building has received many architectural awards and the gold level of the LEED® certification system. Building “K” of the complex is the first and hitherto only office building in Hungary that was made to comply with the international system of environmental and sustainability standards from the selection of the site to implementation and outfitting.
K&H’s central office building has received the following awards:
- 2012: REsource Property Awards –– Project of the Year
- 2012: Gold LolliPOP for the opening ceremony
- 2013: iroda.hu –– Office Building of the Year 2012, Public’s choice category 2nd place; Office of the Year 2012, Special prize 3rd place
- 2013: LEED® gold level certification –– building “K”
- 2013: the Aluminium Window and Facade Association’s (ALUTA) prize for excellence