K&H Visa Classic basic bank card
convenient, fast, with just a wave of the hand
- a debit card service with wide international acceptance
- allows cash withdrawal at ATMs in Hungary and abroad
- allows debit card purchases in Hungary, abroad, and online
- convenient and fast! purchases up to HUF 15 000 can be made in Hungary without entering a PIN
- secure: while making a contactless payment, your debit card stays with you
- wide acceptance: in Hungary and abroad
- you can use your card in every store featuring the Visa logo, on the Internet and at ATMs up to the amount of the available balance on your account
- the card is offered along with our account management service, for both [K&H retail HUF accounts] and [K&H retail FX accounts].
- debit card [K&H Visa Classic basic card] holders have the option to buy a travel insurance as well. For more details, click here.
- you can modify your limit 24 hours a day on our netbank [K&H e-bank] or mobile banking [K&H mobilbank] platforms, or via our telephone customer service [K&H TeleCenter]. You can set up separate limits for purchases, cash withdrawals, and online payments.
- never keep your debit card and PIN together, and make sure nobody else can access your PIN.
- if your debit card is lost or stolen, immediately call our bank toll-free from anywhere at +36 80 414 243 and have your card blocked free of charge.
who is it recommended for?
- who wish to administer their daily spending without the use of cash
- who wish to use a debit card service allowing contactless debit card payments in Hungary, abroad, and online
In compliance with the requirements of Card Companies, as of April 1, 2020 we are replacing our K&H Visa Electron contactless cards with a new electronic card product, the more widely accepted K&H Visa Classic basic bank card.
If you had a Visa Electon contactless card earlier, the replacement of your former card incurs no extra costs for you: the costs of your bank card remain the same.
changes compared to your former debit card
- the K&H Visa Classic basic bank card is more widely accepted both online and in physical environments
- the card number of your new bank card and the CVC code on the backside differ from those on your current K&H Visa Electron contactless card, because this is a new product. If you have registered your K&H Visa Electron card on online platforms, you will have to provide these data again to use your new card for online transactions.
what does not change?
- once your new bank card is activated, you can use it with your old PIN
- the limits for cash withdrawals, purchases and virtual (online) transactions for your new card will be the same as previously set up for your K&H Visa Electron contactless card
- the personal security message you set up earlier for online payments will not change
- if your earlier debit card was linked to a travel insurance, the insurance remains in place with unchanged conditions
- if you are using our SMS service [K&H mobilinfo], the parameters you set up earlier will apply to your new card as well.